Protein-Rich Mushroom Hemp Patties with Herbs
Vegetarian/vegan recipe for protein-rich mushroom hemp patties with herbs, ready in half an hour!
Serves: 15 mushroom patties
- 4 cups button mushrooms, chopped
- 5 Tbsps hemp seeds
- a bunch of dill, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsps dry thyme
- 1 potato, boiled with its skin on, peeled afterwards and mashed
- 4 Tbsps inactive dry yeast flakes
- 3-4 Tbsps hemp protein powder (Start by adding 3 Tbsps; If the composition is too moist and you cannot make the patties easily, add more until it has the right consistency. The hemp powder will absorb all excess water.)
- 4 Tbsps white wine (optional)
- 3 Tbsps oil for frying/baking + 1 Tbsp oil for cooking
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large skillet. Add chopped onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped mushrooms, dry thyme, wine, salt and pepper. Saute for 10 minutes and cover with a lid.
- Remove from heat.
- Add potato and inactive dry yeast flakes and mix al ingredients together.
- Add chopped dill, hemp seeds and hemp protein powder. When adding hemp protein powder, start by adding 3 Tbsps. If the composition is too moist and you cannot make the patties easily, add more until it has the right consistency. The hemp powder will absorb all excess water.
- There are 2 ways you can cook the patties. A. Low fat frying or B. Baking.
- A. Grease a non-stick pan with some oil and add the patties. 1Tbsp per patty. Fry 1-2 minutes on each side.
- B. Grease an oven tray with some oil. Add patties and cook for 25-30 minutes at 200C. Flip them on the other side after 15 minutes.
Protein-Rich Mushroom Hemp Patties with Herbs was last modified: March 27th, 2015 by