Garlic Polenta with Hemp
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 3 cups water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- Pinch of salt
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
1. Bring polenta and bay leaves to a boil, and then reduce heat to low. Stir until mixture thickens. Add the olive oil, hulled hemp seeds and salt pressed garlic.
2. Spread polenta on to a piece of parchment paper about 1 inch thick and allow to cool. Remove bay leaves at this stage if desired-however they make for an attractive appearance.
3. Cut polenta into bars.
4. Brown both sides of the polenta in a lightly oiled skillet.
5. Serve with slices of tomatoes, fresh herbs or as a side with grilled salmon.
These can also be baked at medium until golden. Appx 350 degrees
|Servings:||Around 10 bars|
|Preparation Time:||15 min, then cooling and baking|