Chopped Detox Salad
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1/2 of a red onion
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, de-stemmed and chopped (or parsley)
- 1/2 cup raw hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
Citrus Avocado Dressing
- Flesh from 1/2 of an avocado
- 1/3 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- juice from 1 lemon
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger (or powdered)
- 1/2 tablespoon raw agave nectar (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a food processor, shred cauliflower, kale, cabbage, carrots, onion and cilantro. I had to do this in 3 or 4 different increments, it depends how big your food processor is. Add to large bowl and mix together. Then fold in hemp hearts, raisins and sunflower seeds.
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients for the citrus dressing and blend until well combined.
- I like to keep the salad and dressing separate unless being served at a party, but that way it doesn’t get soggy in the fridge for leftovers throughout the week.